Sunday, March 1, 2009

Crusin' is Great




Okay, so I'm no good at this blog thing. I just noticed I haven't posted anything since December. I find it difficult to find the time for some reason. Too much other hand work that I do, I guess. Like knitting and crocheting. I still have three blankets to crochet yet so I shouldn't even be blogging now. Plus I have a cross stich project to finish.




Anyway, we just got back from a crusie and we had a great time. We went to one island, Costa Maya, Mexico, that had been struck by a hurricane a couple of years ago. The destruction on that island was incredible. Practically the only housing left for people are houses that have been built since using any items they could still find on the island. We went to one of their "resorts" to lay on the beach. The beach was beautiful, the water was cold, and the islanders are glad to have the tourists as it is their only source of income. The cruise lines have just now begun to return (they had to rebuild the pier). At the resort you could get an hour massage for $1. Unbelievable.




We love to go on these cruises but it's even better to get home. We really missed the grandkids as well as our own kids. We love have our whole family so close by. Our son and daughter are great parents and we enjoy that they include us in their activites. Life is good.




I'm going to try to post some of our cruise pictures just to see if I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment